5th Action Workshop: ‘The future of Academia and trans-disciplinary knowledge production in the urban field”
A one-week workshop in the Municipality of Gagliato, in Calabria (Italy), involving scholars and students from different disciplinary background (Architecture, Urban Planning/Design, Local Economic Development) in a co-production exercise with the local community. The workshop aimed at discussing and brainstorming on a variety of trans-disciplinary tools employed during the one week workshop in Gagliato: stakeholders engagement workshops (urban experts – citizens/business sector/policy makers); inter-transdisciplinary knowledge sharing (various disciplinary groups/citizens); open gates events (scientists and citizens).
The participatory design workshop of Gagliato addresses, in particular, one the two ways forward pointed out in the London Workshop (March 2017):
- Offering a setting to explore an alternative ‘urban curriculum of the future’ in relationship to the idea of ‘openness’ and ‘connectedness’ with society;
- Providing initial elements to rethink the possible ethos of the Future-of-U by reflecting on students and scholars experience during the co-production exercise.
Gagliato Workshop Photo Gallery
- University of Westminster
- London School of Economics
- Newcastle University
- Universita’ della Calabria
- Università degli Studi Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria
- Accademia di Gagliato delle Nanoscienze