INTREPID WG3 started its journey (first phase 2015-2016) exploring barriers for Inter- and Transdisciplinarity in urban research. At this first stage case studies were brought in by INTREPID members and jointly analyzed with the aim of identifying barriers in order to discuss enabling conditions to overcome these and thus to define and develop methods and tools:
- INTREPID 2ND Action Workshop and WG meetings, Delft April 2016
Urban research: beyond disciplinarity? (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/delft-meeting/)
- Enabling Interdisciplinarity in Urban Studies – Methods and Tools. Experiences from Case Studies, INTREPID symposium, Tallin (1-2 November 2016) (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/tallinn-meeting/).
- 1st Intrepid Training School, here the toolkit was first tested (February 13-16, 2017) (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/barcelona-training-school-2017/)
- London Workshop: 4th INTREPID Report, „INTREPID Futures Initiative: Universities and Knowledge for Sustainable Urban Futures: as if inter and trans-disciplinarity mattered“ (March 2017) (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/4th-INTREPID-Report-4th-Action-Workshop-London-1.pdf)
- INTREPID’s 5th Action workshop: Transformative Knowledge for an era of Planetary Urbanization? Questioning the role of social sciences and humanities from an interdisciplinary perspective Lisbon, 10th July 2017 (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/aesop-workshop-lisbon/)
- Gagliato Workshop: 6th Action Workshop: “The future of Academia and trans-disciplinary knowledge production in the urban field – transdisciplinary toolkit in practice”, July 2017. (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/GAGLIATO_COST-REPORT_2018.pdf)
- 7th INTREPID REPORT „Gagliato: A framework for future growth” (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/7threport_gagliato.pdf)
- INTREPID’s 7thAction Workshop,Rome, 20-21 March 2018
- Writeshop – Enabling ID and TD in Urban Research – towards a book (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/rome-meeting/)
- SCIENTIFC PUBLICATION: Having develop a framework for enabling conditions for inter- and transdisciplinary urban research we decided to disseminate it in an edited volume. The contract for this volume as open access was signed in March 2019 with Routledge - to be published end 2019. In order to facilitate a co-produced edited volume, several meetings (“writeshops”) took place for all authors and editors:
- Berlin Writeshop (September 2017)
- Rome Writeshop (March 2018) (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/rome-meeting/)
- Berlin Writeshop (April 2019)
In the second phase (2017-2019), WG3 focus which consequences the identified enabling conditions have in terms of what kind of skills and competences are needed to be able to established these conditions and should accordingly be integrated into the curricula we are teaching and what kind of spaces are needed for future of universities?
- Ljubljana workshop: 9th INTREPID REPORT ”INTREPID FUTURE INITIATIVES Re-imagine urban curricula (a needs assessment)“ (December 2018) (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/LJUBLJANA_COST-REPORT_Final.pdf)
- MANIFESTO – an urban curriculum. To be signed at the final INTTREPID conference “INTREPID knowledge” in Lisbon on the 28th of March.
- REPORT: Fokdal, J., Verdini, G. & Bina, O. (2019) The ‘urban’ dimension of ESD (Education for Sustainable Development): Which skills and knowledge future University urban-related curricula should pursue? In: International Commission on Education for Sustainable Development Practice Report
- SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION: Fokdal, J., Verdini, G. & Bina, O. (2019) The ‘urban’ dimension of ESD (Education for Sustainable Development): Which skills and knowledge future University urban-related curricula should pursue? To be submitted!
- NewCastle workshop: “Univer(c)ity – the future space and place of knowledge” (January 2019) (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/newcastle-school-on-space-and-place-for-the-practice-of-inter-and-transdisciplinarity-within-universities/)
- Competition: NONARCHITECTURE (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/winners.pdf
- INTREPID 2ndAction CONFERENCE, Lisbon 27-29 March 2019 INTREPID Knowledge – A three-day programme:28th March - Focus on Inter &Trans-Disciplinary urban research enablers & changes in curricula (http://intrepid-cost.ics.ulisboa.pt/lisbon-final-conference/)